1860s CDV Signed ID'd Civil War Soldier 11th New York Cavalry Scott's 900
Original CDV of Civil War soldier Richard Dale Arms, 11th regiment, New York Cavalry, Company M - known as "Scott's 900". On the front bottom margin of this CDV, Arms has signed, R. Arms", and on the back, "R. Arms was born in Buffalo, New York in 1840, enlisted in Buffalo on August 30, 1862.
On June 12, 1865, War Department records show that he was "absent on furlough" since February 11, 1864. I found a record of Arms living in San Francisco, California in 1866...
And another record showing he died in Sacramento in 1913. NOTE: Scan number 3 is for reference only and a hard copy is NOT included.
CDV is 4" x 2.5" with wear, as shown. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs". The seller is "jack_mord" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Antique: Yes
- Photo Type: CDV
- Date of Creation: 1860-1869
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Subject: Men, Military, Uniforms, Military & Political
- Type: Photograph
- Format: Carte de Visite (CDV)
- Year of Production: 1860
- Original/Reprint: Original Print
- Theme: Americana, Conflicts & Wars, History, Militaria
- Featured Refinements: Civil War CDV
- Time Period Manufactured: Vintage & Antique (Pre-1940)
- Production Technique: Albumen Print
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States